After the screening of Thor, I left the cinema rather torn. Is it a good movie or a bad one?
So I decided I wanted to do a pro and con list, that should help me in the issue.
- Chris Helmsworth is a great Thor
- Tom Middleton is a great Loki
- The relation and twist between those two brothers are believeable, reasonable and very emotional.
- The Asgard-scenes
- Good CGI
- Natalie Portma tries her good
- Fine showdown
- good comedic moments
- Often reminds on Masters of the Universe
- Great after-credits scene
- Good Stan Lee Cameo
- Connections to the other Marvel Universe
- Often looks like a Videogame
- Has some great Shakespearean elements
- Rene Russo is nothing more than a unneccessary supporting cast
- Anthony Hopkin´s Odin spends half the movie in coma
- Most of the supporting roles are so flat it hurts watching
- The Earth- Scenes
- Too much CGI
- The love story is one of the dumbest, most boring and most unrealistic things ever occurred on screen
- The fight against Destroyer is laughable
- unintended funny things
- It reminds us too much on Masters of the Universe
- Unneccessary cameo of Hawkeye
- It loudly shouts “There will be an Avengers movie” in many scenes
- Ofen looks like a videogame
- The Gods are Aliens!? Come on…
- Deus ex machina is overused in this movie
So, this list is not too spoilerful I hope. I didn´t go into detail that much, but it will give you some impressions of what I thought about the movie.